Our school values are at the core of everything we do. They underpin our teaching and learning, and provide an environment which prepares our pupils as confident, happy citizens.
The children at Talbot will learn the skills and knowledge to lead a successful life.
- We have a responsibility to ensure that what we do in school is worthwhile for the individual, the school and society.
- We learn best from one another and enrich each other’s lives; therefore we respect each other’s cultures, faiths and beliefs.
- We must prepare children so that they are able to live fulfilled lives as good and responsible global citizens by promoting honesty, integrity, empathy and trust.
- Children must strive for success, through dedication and resilience.
- We all contribute and make a difference, individually and collectively and have both the right skills and right attitude whatever our role in school may be.
We aim to provide:
- Consistently high expectations for all.
- Consistently high quality teaching.
- Positive role models.
- A quality environment in which children can thrive and achieve.
- A safe school where behaviour is managed effectively and consistently.
- Opportunities for children to work collaboratively.
We do the things we do because:
- We always put the children first.
- Every child should have the opportunity to succeed.
- Every child should fulfil their potential.
“Not everyone can be brilliant, but almost everyone can be taught sociability, concentration and the importance of deferring gratification.
These are the skills that make people good colleagues, spouses, parents and friends.”
James Heckman Nobel Prize Winning Economist